Child Care (Full Day) Program Family Fees
Effective July 1, 2014, some families may be assessed a fee for child care services.
Family fee assessment is based on income and family size
- The Family Fee Schedule, produced by California Department of Education, is used to assign fees or determine that a family will not be charged a fee.
- If a family's income is below the entry level for their family size, the are not assigned a fee.
- If a family's income determines a need for fees, then you will be assessed a flat fee per month which is based on: income and hours eligible for the program.
Fees are based on enrollment not a student's attendance. Fees are charged per family, per day; not per child. There is no fee adjustment for absences.
- Families may request a re-evaluation of their fee when changes to income or family size occur. Verification of these changes is required and must accompany the re-evaluation before any adjustment can be made. We will recalculate once on request and all reason s for re-calculations such as loss of employment require documentation.
Invoices are issued on the 29th or 30th of each month and due on the 15th of the subsequent month; a pre-payment for services.
- No personal checks.
- You may use your credit card by coming into the office, during the designated office hours, and scanning it.
- You may pay using PayPal; we will email you an electronic invoice and payment is made online by you.
- Fees that are paid in person must be done between 7:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Parents will be issued a receipt at the time payment is made.
- Fees must be paid/reconciled by office staff only; not to teachers or instructional assistants. Fees may not be sent to school in a child's backpack; staff will not open it.
If fees are late, parents will receive a Notice of Payment Due within 5 days of the late deadline.
- Parents are instructed to contact the office if there is a need for a school-approved re-payment plan or a need to recalculate their income.
If after 5 days, no payment has been made or no school-approved re-payment plan has been agreed upon, a Notice of Action will be issued. This Notice of Action serves as notice of termination from the full day program within 14 days.*
*Mandated by: California Department of Education - Child Development Division; Chapter 38 Statutes of 2012 (SB 1016) California Education Code, sections 8239(e) and 8263(g,h). Reference: Title 5 (5 CCR), Section 18109